- Develop comprehensive test procedures that fully verify and validate associated requirements, ODD and design documentation.
- Execute validation testing for Autonomous Vehicle for camera, radar and lidar features.
- Utilize track test equipment to execute test procedures using autonomous vehicles.
- Design functional safety models for stand-alone test box (Micro Auto Box) to intercept, alter and deliver corrupted messages to system modules.
- Collect data using advanced test equipment.
- Develop scripts, tools, and processes to facilitate automated test execution
- Analyse data to ensure the feature achieves a desired set of specifications.
- Communicate test results to development teams and management and facilitate resolving technical issues.
- Balance feature test workload with bench counterpart as necessary.
- Author validation reports
- Work with the Team in harmony to achieve common Goals
What we are looking for:
- Education: BS / MS in Engineering in ( Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
- Have a valid US driver's license; this position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
- 2+ Experience in autonomous (SAE J3016 Level 2 & 3 Automation Level systems) or complex vehicle engineering projects
- Experience with functional test plan development, execution, and reporting
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of electronic test equipment.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse tasks.
- Experience on automotive interfaces: CAN,CANFD, Autosar, Auto-Ethernet, etc.
- Knowledge on ECU/Vehicle Connectors and Harnesses
- Analytical problem-solving skills for unusual and challenging issues
- Experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, CANoe, CAPL, Python, and dSPACE tools.
- Experience with use of complex vehicle instrumentation such as Vbox or RT3000 or other GPS data logging equipment.
- Test Automation Scripts development experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.