Motional is looking for a Vehicle Integration Engineer to play a key role in integration testing on our prototype vehicles. From Sensors to Compute, you will be working within a cross functional team on a wide breadth of next generation technology. As we expand our global footprint, we are looking for exceptional engineers to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of autonomous driving.
Are you interested in working with next-generation technology on a team that shares the same passion?
To be considered eligible for Motional’s Internal Mobility Program you must be in good standing as well as in your current position for at least one year.
What you'll be doing:
- Repair, maintain, test, and validate electrical and mechanical systems
- Collaborate with Electrical, Mechanical, and Systems Engineers to develop technical solutions related to the operation and performance of autonomous vehicle systems
- Triage, troubleshoot, and repair failures of vehicle systems
- Inspect and maintain equipment using debugging tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, Vector CAN analysis software and tools, and PC-based diagnostic software
- Working with cross functional teams to create Vehicle Integration test plans.
- Publishing documentation for system/subsystem testing and component configuration.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering or 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Experience authoring, updating, and maintaining documentation related to automotive systems and procedures
- Experience working in a Linux terminal troubleshooting environment
- Experience with computer system architecture
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of sensors; cameras, LiDAR and RADAR
- Knowledge on hardware troubleshooting and software deployment
- Ability to document test procedures and work within an issue tracking system
Bonus points (not required):
- Working knowledge of programming languages (Python, C++, etc.)
- Experience working with Automotive suppliers or OEMs
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion and Confluence
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.