The Training Specialist will be a key player in Motional’s Operational approach for bringing safe, reliable, and accessible autonomous vehicles to reality. They’ll partner with various teams under the Autonomous Vehicle Testing, Commercial Operations, and Enterprise Safety. The Training Specialist will be responsible for identifying, creating, improving, owning the training process and programs within their assigned scope. The training will be a mixture of both in-person classroom as well as online coursework ranging from new hire training to continuous improvement. They’ll be expected to create strong partnerships and become subject matter experts in order to build the best-in-business training for Motional’s Operation teams. Their work will help establish compliant, safe, and effective testing practices to ensure a global standardization of training throughout Motional.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Facilitate core curriculum learning programs for a specific business unit using a variety of delivery methods to promote learning transfer
- Provide feedback and recommendations to team managers on training status
- Participate in Curriculum Walk Through and Train-the-Trainer sessions in order to prepare for the new training material – will require shadowing of day-to-day work of employees to help understand roles
- Design and create robust training material self-identified or assigned
- Assists in the design and development of new learning courses or revisions of current courses on Learning Management Systems (LMS) for training
- Partnering with Motional’s Learning and Development organization to ensure standardization in company-wide training practices
- Seeks opportunities to continuously improve training which may result in higher retention of material
- Administers course evaluations and assigns learner course completions through the LMS
- Builds and sustains working relationships with site leaders (such as supervisors and managers) and colleagues
- Create flexible training that is able to address evolving autonomous challenges through means such as Fault Injection Training and closed-course in-vehicle tests to train dynamically
- Requires flexibility in work schedule
- Domestic travel
- Additional duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong safety background and understanding of industry safety standards
- Experience working in the autonomous industry
- Proven record of being able to break down complicated concepts into digestible material
- Strong presentation skills, including building presentation material and public speaking
- Proactive problem solver who can take information and practices and identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Passion for developing training material and a drive for continuously improve content
- Ability to work under strict timelines with competing priorities while still able to deliver excellent results
- At least two (2) years of experience in training/teaching
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies and/or facilitation certification a plus
- High school diploma or equivalency required with applicable experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in GSuite
Bonus points (not required):
- Two (2) years experience of training in the Autonomous industry in either Operations, Testing, or Safety
- Three (3) years experience of training content creation and/or coaching
- First hand experience with performance driving, Vehicle Dynamics (limits, lateral and longitudinal stability), and motion controls and motion controller fault injection
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools
Why you should join us:
- Fantastic facilities across multiple cities with diverse passionate co-workers focus on Motional’s mission
- Great opportunity to make immediate impacts in the Operational organization
- Be a part of the mobility revolution in transforming how people get from point A to point B
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams and major stakeholders to drive content and process improvement
- Have your work seen by Motional leaders and executives
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Because travel is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.