As tech lead manager you'll lead a team responsible for the development and delivery of data driven behavior and motion planning software for an autonomous vehicle system. This role will require finding the right balance between state-of-the-art algorithms and real-world constraints to develop safe and reliable software. Our Motion Planning technical teams work closely with other teams including Perception, Prediction, Localization, Controls, Systems Engineering and Safety. If you are passionate about bringing real autonomous driving to the world through engineering excellence in motion planning algorithms, software development and technical team execution, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Lead and grow a multi-site motion planning technical team.
- Deliver a 2022+ autonomous driving motion planning system from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to production.
- Self motivation to generate new ideas, provide a vision for the team and our system.
- Provide technical leadership to make consequential decisions on architectural direction, strategic investments, tactical execution and technical debt reduction.
- Implement/review algorithms and code.
- Be a mentor, provide feedback (technical, professional) to team members, and work with project managers to roadmap and execute plans on schedule.
- Apply practical and rigorous engineering methods.
Experience to bring:
- Proven track record shipping production quality algorithms for autonomous motion planning systems in a leading role.
- Masters or PhD in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong theoretical knowledge and engineering experience of motion planning in at least two of the following areas:
- Machine learning applied to motion planning, vehicle motion prediction and/or modeling human driving behavior
- Motion planning under uncertainty
- Motion planning for interaction with dynamic agents/environment
- Familiarity with robotics algorithms in localization, perception, motion planning, and controls for autonomous systems
- Data and metrics pipeline creation, data curation and dataset management
- Familiarity with Linux and modern C++ software development and continuous improvement processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and management skills.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.