As a tech lead manager you'll lead a team responsible for the development and delivery of ML-based metrics for evaluating an autonomous vehicle system offline at large scale. Current projects include developing smart agents and ML vehicle models for realistic simulation, ML models for detecting discomfort events. The teams work closely with Perception, Prediction, Planning and Control teams. If you are passionate about bringing real autonomous driving to the world through engineering excellence, we are interested in hearing from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and grow a multi-site engineering team, including ML engineers and software engineers.
- Manage the team work loads, prioritize to deliver and improve ML models to better and faster offline evaluation at large scale.
- Clarify success criteria, identify dependencies, and resolve the roadblock through the collaboration.
- Self motivation to generate new ideas, provide a vision for the team and our system.
- Apply practical and rigorous engineering methods.
What we're looking for:
- Strong Machine Learning knowledge and Python development experience.
- Proven track record shipping production ML models in relevant fields in a tech lead role.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: perception, motion planning, simulation, or autonomous vehicle behavior evaluation.
- Experience in manager role is a plus
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.