The Platform Infrastructure Embedded Software team designs and develops high quality software to leverage embedded compute platforms for autonomy stack development and to bolster the safety critical applications on the Motional Vehicle platforms. We are a team of engineers who bring a broad experience in software development and leverage this to develop software which pushes the boundaries of what has been achieved in the autonomous vehicle safety space.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers comprising the Embedded Software team at Motional
- Set the vision and mission of the team, manage the team’s planning and execution of work, and ensure organizational goals are being met
- Your experience in personnel leadership will help the group stay engaged, evolve, and adapt to meet new challenges across the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define solutions to organizational challenges
- Contribute to the long-term autonomous vehicle embedded architecture
What We're Looking For:
- You have experience supervising a high-performing group of embedded software engineers
- You have experience architecting and developing embedded software
- You are excited about empowering and growing the capabilities of your engineering team
- You are capable of balancing and prioritizing feature development and system improvements based on organizational needs and goals
- You are passionate about developing robust, reliable, and high-quality embedded software
- You have experience with C
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with Linux
- Experience integrating sensors such as cameras, lidars, or radars
- Experience with safety critical systems
- Experience overseeing the work of external contractors
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.