Our Vehicle Hardware Systems Integration team is searching for an experienced Engineer to be responsible for the planning and execution of system integration activities around bringing together Autonomous Vehicle components, firmware, middleware and software as a part of Motional's Autonomous Driving programs.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in Hazelwood Green at 4427 Lytle Street, Mill 19B a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with cross functional teams to create integration plans, document deliverables, define acceptance and exit criteria for Autonomous Vehicle components, firmware, middleware and software.
- Publishing documentation for workflow and component configuration, firmware, middleware and software to the Vehicle Integration Team.
- Designing integration test cases for use on HIL infrastructure and documenting the results.
- Deliver first article vehicles for new versions of each vehicle platform.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in owning the technical responsibility over a system or subsystem
- Have hands on experience working with hardware and software integration includes sensing, compute and vehicle control on autonomous vehicle
- Basic understanding of sensors; cameras, LiDAR and RADAR
- Familiar with CAN, Docker and Ethernet protocols such as UDP, TCP/IP in Linux development environment (familiarity with the terminal).
- Experience working with Wireshark, dSPACE, Vector tools and HIL benches
- Knowledge on hardware troubleshooting and software deployment
- Willingness to take the lead on a troubleshooting activity
- Ability to document test procedures and work within an issue tracking system
- Basic coding skills (Python, bash scripts, C++)
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion and Confluence
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems.
- Familiarity with safety critical RTOS.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.