The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Motional is looking for a highly experienced, proven expert to function as Architect of our Autonomy Platform. The Autonomy Platform provides essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data mining and annotation, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation. The platform team is growing 2-fold this year, and is building a lot of new critical components for the organization. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced architect to have a foundational impact on a critical part of Motional’s self-driving car technology.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define the strategic vision and execution roadmap of the Autonomy Platform architecture together with our Platform lead and senior leadership.
- Review and advice on software designs and project plans.
- Formulate process to ensure work quality remains high and that we are maintaining a sound software architecture foundation.
- Lead tiger teams to design and implement critical projects.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
- Support hiring and interviewing for key roles on the team.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
What We're Looking For
- 15+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer in a Linux environment
- Experience in driving technical strategy and vision for engineering teams and organizations
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of our core programming language: Python & C#.
- Experience in designing strategic roadmaps for cloud solutions, exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with large-scale distributed relational and NoSQL database systems ( (MySQL, mongoDB, etc)
- Significant experience with AWS, GCP or Azure. Familiarity with fundamental strengths and weaknesses in each product offering.
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with building infrastructure for Machine Learning including basic knowledge of TensorFlow, Pytorch or other Deep Learning framework.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.