Motional’s goal is to create a transparent, engaging, complaint and simple new hire onboarding experience. In order to accomplish this goal, we need to continually iterate and improve how we engage and onboard new employees. We are currently interviewing and onboarding 50% virtually/50% onsite.
The Program Manager, Global New Hire Experience will be the primary point of contact for and provide critical support to candidates, hiring managers, and internal HR and business stakeholders to provide a world-class onboarding experience for newly hired (future) employees. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring timely execution and completion of a seamless workflow for each new employee. The role currently requires a tremendous amount of data entry to process each new hire.
Hybrid role 3 onsite/2 offsite. Travel 25% Globally
What you will be doing
- Engage all new hires from offer accept through day 1 in the U.S., Singapore, and South Korea
- Use Greenhouse Recruiting and Greenhouse Onboarding as well as a shared Google sheet to set up employee profiles for internal HR systems
- You will be part of the implementation team for new New Onboarding Software, we currently use Greenhouse Onboarding and Dayforce
- Welcome all newly hired employees, Interns and contractors and execute an engagement plan throughout the onboarding journey
- Scheduling onboarding meetings of reach new hire
- You will build partnerships and be the first point of contact for hiring managers, IT, Facilities, Immigration, and L&D
- Responsible for employee data integration & integrity and audits
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Partners to ensure competing offers are documented in the ATS for each new hire
- You will manage backgrounds checks from beginning to completion escalating reviews to TA and Legal leadership as needed
- Provide reporting and project updates to team lead or senior management
- Act as a subject matter expert and make recommendations on how to improve process efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all processes and always maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Challenge status quo and proactively identify process improvements in back-office activities
- Identify innovative and creative new ways to onboard new employees
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a Global HR Onboarding role within a fast-growing technology company.
- Experience with HR Systems, applicant tracking systems (e.g. Greenhouse Onboarding and Oracle Onboarding)
- Must have experience using GSuite Products (Gmail, Sheets, etc)
- Strong attention to detail is vital. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
- Exceptional data entry skills
- Must be data centric with experience analyzing data to identify trends
- Ability to work successfully and professionally with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to support multiple time zones as needed (being a part of a global team)
- Ability to understand basic technical concepts and explain them in simple terms
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify improvements, and make simple decisions independently
- Strong team player who can work with limited guidance
- Proactive and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working in an environment that embraces CHANGE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Past work experience in a Recruiter or HR Generalist position
- Experience working in Project/Program Management capacity
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.