Your expertise writing robust software can make a key contribution to one of our core robotics teams, motion planning & controls. The software you’ll write will go directly on production ready autonomous vehicles and impact how they decide to drive.
Our Motion Planning teams receive inputs on the many things going on around the vehicle (perception, localization, mapping) and then decide precisely what is the best plan and decisions to make, instantly. An example of motion planning includes braking, turning, speed, acceleration, lane-change, cautiousness around aggressive drivers, among other actions, all while trying to optimize safety & comfort.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow in robotics, including:
- Learning how full end-to-end robotics systems work
- Research and apply Motion Planning and Controls concepts in production-level software
- Test code for autonomous vehicles in real-time environments
Our software developers practice clean and scalable code, which includes:
- Large distributed systems
- Large groups of developers working on a shared codebase, documentation, and testing
- Complex software projects
- Design patterns
Software development practices:
- Unit testing
- Version control
- Familiarity with modern C++ features
- Providing/receiving code reviews
The experience we are looking for / our interview process will evaluate:
- C++ software design, algorithm implementation, debugging
- Background in software development environment(s) that include some of the aspects mentioned above (Our software developers…section)
- Python (optional)
- Background in Robotics (optional)
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- Comfort in Math concepts including: Linear algebra, Geometry, Differential equations
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.