The Simulation Operations team builds and maintains the simulation scenarios used for regression testing our system. The team leverages our simulation tools to rigorously test our autonomy system. This testing adds one more layer of confidence that our system is safe before it is released for public road driving. The Simulation Scenario Engineer role is a great opportunity to enter the Autonomous Car industry. If you are motivated and willing to learn this is a great opportunity for you.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Utilize simulation software to create comprehensive test cases based on test specifications
- Execute test scenarios using simulation tools to validate autonomous vehicle behavior
- Use automated tools to analyze test results in order to track down and report technical issues
- Provide fast, accurate, detailed, and actionable reports on the state of the system/software under test
- Contribute to test execution process and work efficiency improvements to achieve work at scale
- Collaborate with test and validation engineers to understand features, refine test and verification plans, resolve issues, and provide valuable feedback
- Provide valuable feedback on internal tool improvement and requests
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with a few years of professional experience required.
- Associate or BS in Engineering/Physics/Science or relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of robotics system including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
- Ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- Detailed oriented mindset with a focus on safety
- Travel Required
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with Linux and script languages (esp. Python, Bash/Shell)
- Data Analysis experience
- Experience with testing of vehicle subsystems or features (esp. L2-L5 systems)
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira,Bitbucket)
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics system is preferred
- Game or game level development or simulation experience
Why You Should Join Us
- This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to join a very dynamic team of people focused on creating and executing tests for our autonomous vehicle system. As an engineer you will work very closely with the development teams, as well as have hands-on experience with the autonomous vehicle.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.