The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
The Autonomous Vehicle Simulation & SIL Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer will be responsible for the design and Implementation of the simulation framework to write simulation test cases and support simulation environment usage. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems, safety, and development teams as a member of the validation organization
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with systems and development teams as a key stakeholder for requirements and design documentation of autonomous vehicles and their advanced systems.
- Analyze, review, and approve Logical scenarios intended to test behavioral and SOTIF performance of the system.
- Develop comprehensive test procedures in a test management tool that fully verify and validate associated requirements for 100% coverage and design documentation.
- Analyze use cases and develop robust test scenarios that validate the autonomous vehicle in its operational design domain.
- Utilizing simulation tools such as CarMaker, CarSim, CARLA, LGSVL, etc
- Execution of test scripts using simulation toolchains and ensuring requirements traceability with Polarion
- Ability to debug SW issues on the SIL
- Communicate test results to development teams and management and facilitate resolving of technical issues.
What We're Looking For
- Education: BS in Engineering
- Strong automotive background and prior experience in the area of simulation and SIL
- Two or three years’ experience in the following areas: scripting, debugging, and designing models using Simulink and Matlab.
- Conducting automotive simulations with SIL and HIL tools (Preferably Prescan, dSPACE tools or similar)
- Knowledge on tools like CarMaker,CarSim, etc., for Vehicle Dynamics Model.
- Experience with creating test simulation environments
- Familiarity with OpenSCENARIO, OpenDRIVE, etc.
- Creating test plans and generating reports for automotive systems
- Knowledge on Automotive Safety Standards like ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448 (SOTIF), etc.,
- Leading team projects to develop controls-related simulations, methods, and tools experience with functional test plan development, execution, and reporting.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse tasks
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English required (oral and written)
Bonus Points (not required)
- Education: MS in Engineering
- Experience in autonomous or complex vehicle engineering projects
- Experience in setting up and testing on SIL and/or HIL test lab systems
- Experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, Python, and/or Prescan/dSPACE tools like HEEDS, ASM Vehicle Dynamics, AutomationDesk and Synect
- Experience with Polarion, JIRA, Atlassian tools
- Knowledge automotive industry standards, robotics, and/or ADAS systems
- Strong background in Systems Engineering and/or formal testing of complex systems
- Strong technical writing and analysis skills
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.