The Motional Technical Program Management team is seeking to hire an experienced TPM to develop and support new advanced sensor capabilities as we prepare to launch driverless robotaxis on public roads. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners in Hardware, Software, and Product to define sensor requirements, drive technical direction, and outline a technology roadmap for future programs. In addition, you will lead efforts on developing critical validation infrastructure supporting the new sensor programs. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be on the forefront of autonomous driving technology!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product to define sensor requirements that meet our product goals
- Lead forward-looking technical evaluations with Engineering teams to deliver a sensor technology roadmap for future programs
- Set priorities and coordinate between internal engineering teams and stakeholders to support the advanced sensor pipeline from concept through launch
- Manage day-to-day program execution, tracking progress against key milestones and removing blockers and inefficiencies as required
- Identify risks and mitigations, working with your team to develop actions plans and escalate and track issues proactively until closure
- Communicate to leadership in regular forums and provide your team’s analyses and recommendations in a clear and concise way that captures impact
What We're Looking For
- Experience in managing complex, multi-disciplinary technical programs with competing priorities (cost, schedule, feasibility)
- Experience in creative problem-solving in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Experience in hardware development (autonomous vehicles, consumer electronics, and/or robotics) and manufacturing, and an understanding of software development life-cycles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – must have experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A passion for learning new concepts and adapting quickly to new environments
- Leadership skills and a sense of urgency
- A degree in Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to travel when needed
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Because travel is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.