Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager, Direct Procurement
Reporting to the Director, Direct Procurement, the role of Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the development of Motional’s self-driving vehicle hardware. You will be responsible for managing all components within the assigned commodities from RFQ stage, business award, and prototype through serial production. The position has high visibility within the organization and offers the chance to be a part of a generational advance in driving technology. Our mission is to provide delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional team. This role is a cornerstone of the organization, focusing on direct procurement support for our self driving vehicle related projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain a sourcing strategy for the assigned commodities in coordination with business stakeholders to meet current and future product requirements.
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary commercial point of contact for Motional and each supplier.
- Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity strategy.
- Partners with Engineering, Program Management, and Supplier Quality to ensure suppliers are meeting program milestones, delivering material on-time, fulfilling quality requirements, and following proper change management procedure to maintain control of costs.
- Tracks the BOM cost for assigned components as the program/design progresses towards serial production.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities, supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE and lean manufacturing.
- Manages and resolves issues with commercial terms or supply chain issues, escalating to leadership based on severity.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of Procurement experience working in an Automotive (OEM/Tier1) or high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related field.
- Management of a global supply base, supporting multiple worldwide manufacturing locations.
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, vendor development/management, RFX events, advanced sourcing, new product introduction, pricing and terms negotiations.
- Must be familiar with and able to negotiate key legal terms as it pertains to Development and Production agreements.
- Ability to navigate and manage internal relationships across a cross functional team including Finance, Engineering, and Program Management.
- Full understanding of Automotive Advance Product Quality Planning activities and the Production Part Approval Process.
- In-depth knowledge of the Source to Pay process.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to present frequently to Senior Leadership teams.
- Advanced higher education such as a Master’s Degree in Business.
- Autonomous vehicle industry or Fortune 100 manufacturing company experience.
- 5-10 years in a Strategic Sourcing role managing complex and highly technical commodities; specifically High Performance Compute solutions, including PCB’s, CPU, GPU, semiconductors, and vision processing chips.
- Previous experience managing complex contract manufacturing in the electronics industry.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering prints and 3D CAD models.
- Cost modeling and estimation for material and manufacturing costs.
- Leading activities related to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, VA/VE.
In return you can expect:
- An experienced leadership team that provides you with the opportunity to be mentored, coached, and grow your procurement expertise.
- An opportunity to build a world class procurement organization where you will leave your legacy on the next generation of Motional self-driving vehicles.
- Broad range of exposure across various high-tech commodities for autonomous vehicles.
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people, recognized as one of the front runners in the self-driving car race.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.