Join us to work on cutting edge simulation technologies and deliver the fundamental safety net for a growing fleet of autonomous vehicles. Motional is leading the way in designing and implementing the next generation of software that will power the vehicles of the future.
At Motional, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about developing simulation tools that integrate with autonomy software. You will be joining and contributing to the Simulation Tools Team, who is responsible for creating the best possible user experience for local developers, continuous integration and large scale use cases such as training neural networks. In this role, you will be integrating simulation technology into autonomy workflows, build and maintain pipelines and test cases that we rely on for safety, and orchestrate thousands of simulated miles per hour.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you will be doing
- Integrate internal and external simulation software with middleware and autonomy stack
- Design and implement developer focused workflows that supercharge autonomy progress
- Contribute key components to mission critical automation pipelines
- Acquire a deep understanding of autonomy software as you collaborate closely with Motion Planning, Perception, Localization and many more.
- Work to design and create new projects independently
- Expected to fully and independently own larger tasks on the simulation team
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- Relevant industry or research experience shipping quality software.
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language and happy to learn more (we use C++14 and Python)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Flexible schedule and willing to attend evening/night meetings.
- Basic understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems.
- Good understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechatronics and software systems.
- Experience with autonomous driving, robotics systems or other distributed systems.
- Experience with building automated tests, test automation frameworks, tools, and/or infrastructure.
- Experience with integration of automated test scripts with DevOps CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred.
- Experience working with Jenkins (or other CI system).
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment.
- Familiarity with Docker.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.