The Metrics Engine team oversees the extraction of data to evaluate the behavior of our av-stack, all the way from devising the metric formulation to extracting all the information necessary to compute these metrics. Beyond evaluating system-level behavior, we also derive metrics to evaluate subsystems that collectively participate to AV system behavior.
As part of this large mission, we are looking for a Senior C++/python engineer to support our growing base of internal customers and expand our metrics evaluation system. This position is at the interface of many different teams, and is key to our ability to identify performance issues early in the AV stack development pipeline.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop clean C++/python code to efficiently compute metrics to evaluate our AV stack
- Conduct experiments to test and validate metric implementations over time
- Interface with the Autonomy and Testing teams to support their use of our metrics in their workflow
- Collaborate with data scientists to implement and improve metrics that rate our AV performance based on laws, ethical considerations and human driving data
- If interested, identify performance trends and present evaluation results to teams and leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of C++/python software development and deploying production-level C++/python code
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Customer-oriented mindset; you think about user experience and are focused on delivering the features needed to improve their day-to-day; nothing more, nothing less
- Ability to communicate about code implementation and walk non-software engineers through code clearly
- Experience in implementing metrics and evaluating complex systems
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience in the autonomous driving industry
- Experience with geometry packages and implementation in C++/python
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.