- Working on traffic models, routing, mode choice, capacitated charging, assignment with ride-sharing based on ODD restrictions (incl rebalancing)
- Design, implement and maintain modules within our traffic simulator and software related to the operation of autonomous vehicles at scale, e.g., algorithms related to vehicle routing, demand prediction, traffic assignment.
- Contribute to the software architecture, design and maintenance of our simulation pipeline.
- Guide junior engineers to implement algorithms.
- Design and develop simulation and analytics software for testing deployment and operation strategies of autonomous mobility on demand systems.
- Interface with other teams.
- Generate new ideas and contribute to the team’s vision and systems.
- Collaborate with the team on developing advanced algorithms related to traffic simulations and mobility systems.
- Masters (PhD is a plus) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong track record of robust implementations (work experience of minimum of 6 years)
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of software design patterns and software architecture
- Object Oriented Programming (eg Python)
- Ability to implement new algorithms efficiently and rigorously
- Experience with graph theory/algorithms and traffic simulation methods.
- Experience developing software as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Prior experience in developing algorithms or research on optimization problems
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Modern C++ development skills on Linux platforms
- Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, CI, gdb, etc.)
- Previous exposure to and familiarity with software development in Java and Python
- Experience with virtualization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.