The Motion Planning Machine Learning research team introduces and advances new Deep Learning techniques for our Motion Planner. Software Engineers on this team help build and scale machine learning infrastructure and write production level software.
What You'll Do:
- Work with and improve python-based automated pipeline to train, evaluate machine learning models
- Deploy models on vehicle and evaluate their performance with metrics
- Scale cloud-based applications
- Contribute to cutting edge motion planning system and deep learning system
- Contribute to Continuous Learning Framework
- Contribute to automatic data mining to find interesting and impactful data
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s, Masters, or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Python and Python bindings development experience
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Leadership and mentoring experience
Machine Learning at Motional:
Motional's ML team has produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including:
- nuPlan (https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810)
- nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org)
- PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784)
- PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.