The perception and prediction team at Motional, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150), and CoverNet (https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298) is growing and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, implement, and optimize the onboard software pipeline for Vision perception.
- Develop clean C++ software for the perception modules that sit at the core of our autonomous vehicle perception and interface with all other key modules such localization, mapping, and planning.
- Collaborate with the team of algorithm experts within perception, prediction and tracking to bringup new systems and algorithms.
- Conduct code reviews and guide junior team members on code quality, correctness and efficiency
- Provide technical leadership across the organization in the areas of code quality and design
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of production focused C++ software development experience
- Strong background in modern C++ (i.e. C++11 and beyond)
- Ability to communicate across multiple teams, researchers and engineers
- Background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
- Fluency in Python and ML/Deep learning libraries
- Background in Computer Vision and/or ML algorithms development.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.