We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop onboard and offboard pipelines for localization and mapping software for our autonomous driving systems. Localization is a safety critical system, and your work will be essential to ensuring that the software is well-designed, robust, efficient and correct. The onboard system must be highly optimized to run in real time; the offboard pipelines are crucial for the validation of the onboard performance. Your work will be at the heart of the entire AV system.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate to design, implement and test the onboard and offboard software pipelines for our localization system
- Conduct code reviews and guide junior team members on code quality, correctness and efficiency
- Work with the mapping team to establish the API for localization-mapping interaction
- Provide technical leadership across the organization in the areas of code quality and design
- Collaborate with the team of algorithm experts within perception, motion planning and controls
Required Skills and Background:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of production focused C++ software development experience
- Strong background in modern C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17)
- Experience in designing data pipelines
- Ability to communicate across multiple teams, researchers and engineers
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Good understanding of localization, SLAM and optimization
- Familiarity with Lidar, IMU, and speed sensors
- Strong background in linear algebra
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.