We’re looking for a talented SRE for our Connected Vehicles teams. Connected Vehicles is composed of 4 teams that are building various scalable solutions for interacting and understanding the performance of our fleet. These solutions range from real-time IoT systems to big data collection, analysis and software validation and simulation
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with developers to design and implement scalable, highly available, and secure services
- Work closely with cybersecurity to maintain highly secure infrastructure
- Build, operate and maintain application infrastructure, infrastructure automation, and monitoring of infrastructure and applications
- Manage scaling of services
What We're Looking For
- Proven experience operating and scaling backend software services
- Deep understanding of Cloud services providers (ideally AWS)
- Good understanding of Linux, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience building application monitoring systems
- Experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Terraform
- MS, BS or BA in Computer Science / Engineering
- Ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with large scale data stores
- Experience with .Net Core and Python
- Experience with large scale compute
- Experience with Serverless infrastructure
- Experience with columnar databases
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.