Our engineering team is looking for a motivated senior systems engineer to support Radar, Inertial (IMU), and RF sensor development for our Autonomous Vehicles.
You will directly contribute to Motional’s driverless future by ensuring the key sensors involved are safe, effective, and meet Motional’s high standards through collaboration with cross-functional technical teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Use your knowledge of systems engineering best practices to support internal and external stakeholders in the development of Radar, IMU, and other RF sensor technologies
- Triage and root cause any reported defects in hardware and/or software, fix and document, and implement preventative measures
- Validate bug fixes both on the bench and in-vehicle
- Own, update, peer review, and document requirements for modules through engineering change requests
- Update Module Test Plans as design and validation efforts evolve
- Work with and train Test Engineering to ensure proper test plan execution
- Design custom validation setups, including automation and post-processing of data
- Support Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) integration activities
- Support Vehicle integration activities, including field testing and verification
- Take ownership of module Diagnostics and Vehicle Networking
- Mentor engineering co-ops/interns
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering, integration, and test
- Experience with end-to-end system integration of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with Inertial Measurement Units (Gyroscope and Accelerometer)
- Knowledge of RF engineering basics and use of RF Test Equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer)
- Familiar with computer networking concepts (TCP vs UDP, VLANs, SSH)
- Experience with Linux and developing scripting software independently
- Hands-on experience of working in lab environment with different equipment and vehicle electrical systems
- Electrical Lab Experience (soldering, lab management, Oscilloscopes/DMMs/Programmable Power Supplies)
- Experience with component testing
- Understanding of automotive and/or robotic systems
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion, and Confluence.
- Experience with CANoe/CANape or ability to learn how to use Vector CAN tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe etc.)
- Able to learn and implement new processes and procedures based on additional VI team duties
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in RF/IMU system engineering, integration, and test
- Experience in automotive communication protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Python 3 scripting, using Git and JIRA for development tools
- Experience with cybersecurity fundamentals
- Experience with radar, especially automotive radar
Why You Should Join Us
This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to join a very dynamic team of people focused on creating and executing tests for our autonomous vehicle system. As an engineer you will work very closely with the development teams, as well as have hands-on experience with the autonomous vehicle.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.