On our Motion Planning Controls team, you'll apply your passion in robotics and software development for production-ready autonomous vehicles. In this role you'll perform research, develop algorithms, and build software to generate safe, comfortable, and intuitive routes and motions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop state-of-the-art motion control and trajectory optimization software to ensure vehicle navigates safely and smoothly
- Interface with upstream decision/behavior planning and prediction
- Work with system engineering and safety teams to develop safe redundant architectures
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of trajectory optimization and tracking algorithms
- Optimize development strategy and process to create high quality supportable code and documentation
- Guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product focused research and development
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Model Predictive Control (MPC), state estimation, robust control, vehicle dynamics, and simulation environments
- Understanding of numerical optimization algorithms (interior point method, sequential quadratic programming, etc)
- Experience of optimization solvers (IPOPT, Gurobi, etc)
- 2+ years of C++ software development
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.