The Senior Regulatory Analyst will assist Regulatory Lead in addressing Motional product regulatory issues. This role will also assist in tracking, participating in and monitoring regulatory developments in the industry groups as well as on the state, federal and international levels as they pertain to Motional’s current and future products.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
*This role can be fully remote or hybrid at one of the Motional US offices.*
What You'll Be Doing
- Partners and collaborates closely with the design and engineering teams to provide advice and direction by defining regulatory requirements
- Clearly and effectively document compliance for the vehicle programs
- Interface with technical services and approval authorities to deliver certification for required global markets
- Work with Regulatory Team Lead and TPM to develop solutions and escalate issues that have a wider company scope
- Leads assignments and small teams to meet OKRs and other quarterly deliverables
- Monitor new global regulations and ensure team awareness and understanding
- Participate in product safety committee meetings, activities, and complete assignments.
- Participate in test and design Team meetings and become familiar with designs to ensure coverage of homologation issues. Provide input to design teams to ensure designs meet all safety and regulatory requirements and due care responsibilities.
- Provide input regarding relevant SAE, ISO and other recommended practice to the design teams.
- Working with city, state and local vehicle regulations as needed to fulfill Motional’s objectives
- Able to travel domestically
- Other duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Experience – 3-5 years of homologation and regulatory affairs in the automotive or electronics industries. Higher levels of experience are preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree (BSME, BSEE) required and a Master’s degree (MSME, MSEE) highly preferred
- Knowledge – In-depth knowledge of design and validation of automotive systems and of government regulatory processes.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong understanding of vehicle certification processes in multiple global markets
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships within the organization and with regulatory agencies and test houses
- A strong knowledge and understanding of Global regulatory and consumer safety requirements and standards pertaining to passive safety, active safety and environmental regulations – FMVSS/ECE/ GB/USNCAP/ EURONCAP/CNCAP/IIHS/EPA/CARB etc.
Because interfacing with the public and/or other employees in a confined setting is an essential function of the job, Motional currently requires those performing this role to be fully vaccinated. Anyone hired into this role should be vaccinated by their start date. Motional is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.