The Open World Mining team is integrated with perception and machine learning to mine logs, find interesting events, and turn useful data into impacting ML approaches.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
- Work with backend engineers and end users to build libraries & CLI tools to empower our machine learning and perception software developers and research scientists.
- Build scalable data pipelines for data mining and analytics.
- Build and manage various workflows to support daily development.
- Provide technical strategy and expertise across the open world mining team and others
- Build algorithms for automating analytics for large autonomous vehicle powered data set
- Build AWS infrastructure to deploy scripts in large scale and view results across multiple teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher – Computer Science or equivalent field
- Strong Python skills.
- 5+ years professional work experience as a software engineer. (6+ for senior)
- 5+ years experience working with Linux. (6+ for senior)
- 3+ years AWS experience, or equivalent GCP, Azure. (4+ for senior)
- Experience with ETL or large scale data processing
- Experience with scalability
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expert in one or more object-oriented programming languages – C++, C# or Java
- Experience with deployment using Docker, REST API, CI/CD
- Experience with data warehousing systems(BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake etc).
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.