The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
About this position:
As a Senior Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future market needs, technology trends, and customer requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the product’s development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with the market and technical teams.
Our product managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view of how the product fits in the market and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytical skills to create market value and find a way to move the product forward amid competing priorities.
What you'll be doing:
- Define Operational Design Domain (ODD) strategy and roadmap for next generation Robo-Taxi development
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams across our AV system to define product requirements.
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry insights to design and launch autonomous driving capabilities.
- Identify and assess the strategic and financial implications of potential product decisions
- Work with design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working collaboratively to ensure a clear product position.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of Product Manager experience
- Highly polished communication skills, including very strong presentation techniques and writing ability.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Ability to exhibit a high level of ownership over definition and delivery of product scope
- Previous experience with autonomous technology, robotics, or similarly relevant experience
- Previous experience launching a new product or entering new markets
- Cross functional team collaboration experience, especially working with engineers and user experience / product designers
- Comfort working with remote teams in multiple global locations
- Comfortable traveling 10-25% of the time
Bonus points but not required:
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) or Entrepreneurial experience
Why you should join us:
- In this role, you will work at the very core of our AV product, defining the vision and priorities for our autonomous driving capabilities while working with stakeholders across every discipline to bring that vision to life.
- You will be working on highly impactful projects that put you at the forefront of shaping the future of mobility while commercializing cutting-edge technology.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.