We are looking to add a Senior Penetration Tester to our Red Team in order to create an industry-leading, secure autonomous vehicle. You will uncover security issues in existing and future autonomous vehicle components, self-driving vehicles, and the autonomous driving ecosystem. This position is primarily focused on testing onboard hardware and software.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Conduct penetration tests on software, sensors, compute nodes, ECUs, etc. in our in-house lab.
- Work with external Red Teams to conduct autonomous vehicle assessments.
- Develop sophisticated, state-of-the-art attacks that integrate the latest attack methods against embedded products.
- Perform research on new attack vectors, discover new vulnerabilities, create new exploitation techniques.
- Create Proof of Concepts (PoC) and documentation.
- Development of threat models for both individual components, vehicles, and the vehicle ecosystem.
- Work with other Cybersecurity team members to shape the company’s security best practices and clearly communicate current risk posture.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment while collaborating on both offensive and defensive Cybersecurity measures.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience penetration testing embedded systems.
- Experience in reverse engineering CISC and RISC (e.g. ARM, MIPS, and other architectures) assembly languages.
- Experience with Linux and Unix-like systems as a work environment and attack target.
- Experience with threat modeling, hardware hacking, and report generation.
- Soldering skills to remove flash chips and solder test leads.
- Reverse Engineering embedded systems.
- Experience with JTAG, UART, I2C, SPI, USB.
- Experience with Logic Analyzers.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.