Motional develops world class production-ready autonomous driving systems. The joint venture leverages Hyundai Motor Group’s design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise and Aptiv’s autonomous driving solutions to commercialize an SAE Level 4 platform for robotaxi providers, fleet operators, and automotive manufacturers.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia.
We are seeking talented Senior Mapping Engineers to help design and develop the next generation of our mapping algorithms to support our business.
Things you'll get to work on:
- Provide technical guidance in designing, planning, and implementing city-scale Mapping algorithms to support Motional’s Mapping Solution
- Work with large-scale point cloud, image, and other sensor data to build high-quality maps to support our AV Software Stack
- Exhibit critical thinking, cross functional capabilities, encourage pragmatic solutions
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team to strengthen Mapping competencies
- Write high quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Contribute to the Company’s IP with patents and publications
Education and Experience we hope you'll come with:
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in HD Mapping, Localization, State Estimation
- Experience in SLAM and robust sensor fusion algorithms for robotics or self-driving systems
- Strong understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems
- Solid understanding of computer vision, point cloud processing and optimization
- Experience in deployment of scalable cloud architectures
- Strong modern C++ development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.