The perception and prediction team at Motional, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150), and CoverNet (https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298) is growing and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research and develop neural networks for perception problems such as object detection, instance segmentation, sensor fusion, traffic light detection etc.
- Develop clean C++ software for the perception modules that sit at the core of our autonomous vehicle perception and interface with all other key modules such localization, mapping, and planning.
- Own the full life cycle of new features development from proof of concept stage to on-car software integration by coordinating with the downstream teams.
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines.
- Conduct deep learning experiments, write reports, and file patents.
- Mentor junior researchers by providing guidance on research projects and design document reviews.
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Object detection, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Multitask learning, Traffic light detection, Active learning, and One shot learning.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ software development and Fluency in Python.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR…)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.