The Autonomy Expansion team integrates software and hardware to understand how our existing planning & control and overall autonomy stack will perform as we expand our autonomous vehicles presence to new routes and geographical areas. Team members primarily write software in C++ but also work with routing, motion planning, mapping, and data metrics regularly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Explore the new operational design domains (ODD) that are required to deploy the existing autonomy system in new cities
- Work in a highly cross-functional setting (planning/control/mapping/product/PMO) to define and refine the process to deploy the current autonomy system in new cities
- Python scripting for data analysis and log analysis
- Travel to Las Vegas and Santa Monica to drive the deployment effort onsite
- Spend dedicated time in the car to understand the top priority issues and root causes
- Use simulation and resimulation tools to identify and analyze the representative new scenarios for city expansion
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Prior experience deploying robots/self-driving vehicles in production
- Exposure to planning and/or control systems in the robotics field
- Be able to handle rapidly changing priorities across different teams
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong debugging and root cause analysis skills
- Familiarity with data analysis
- Strong communication skills
Bonus experience (not required):
- Familiar with modern C++ (11/14/17) software development in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with one of the following systems (prediction/perception/localization)
The Autonomous Expansion team is based in Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, and Boston.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.