The team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Enhance and own components of our internal tools as our front-end expert.
- Build 3D data labeling tools with optimized UI/UX to support our curation team.
- Visualize the massive amount of unlabeled and labeled data to unlock new insights into our datasets.
- Build interactive web-based data analysis tools to help ML researchers debug, compare and evaluate models.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a front end software engineer
- Experience working with the end user or product manager, gathering requirements and getting feedback.
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You can’t help but jump in and help someone out when they’re stuck on something
- You like to share news on the latest techniques or developments in front-end development
- Prior work in building data pipelines, internal or B2B tools.
- Experience with data visualization and data analysis tools.
- Experience with three.js, or building 3D user interfaces using other frameworks.
- Prior experience with image manipulation, browser-based video games.
- A passion for making intuitive, smooth user interface.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.