The Platform Infrastructure Embedded Software team designs and develops high quality software to leverage embedded compute platforms for autonomy stack development and to bolster the safety critical applications on the Motional Vehicle platforms. We are a team of engineers who bring a broad experience in software development and leverage this to develop software which pushes the boundaries of what has been achieved in the autonomous vehicle safety space.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading technical direction for configuring and developing safety critical embedded systems
- Mentor a team of engineers within the Embedded Software team at Motional
- Create short term and strategic roadmaps for the embedded software team
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define solution to organizational challenges
- Contributing to longer term automotive microcontroller development architecture
What We're Looking For:
- Prior experience leading and mentoring engineers
- Experience architecting and developing safety critical embedded systems
- Experience working with network and hardware interfaces
- Experience with C
- Experience working with RTOSs/Linux
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience with BSW, RTE, SWC configuration and development on Classic AUTOSAR
- Experience working with MCAL
- Experience working on python/shell scripting
- Experience working with external contractors
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.