You will be responsible for power and signal distribution design for Autonomous Vehicles. We are looking for someone who is proficient in hardware design life cycle, comfortable working in a high paced environment, and someone who can adapt quickly. You will work cross functionally to gather details required for proper connections, generate system diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring harness diagrams, and assist with assembly and build documentation. You will also create detailed component and system qualification, validation test plans, and perform & oversee testing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of system architecture and specifications to implement the detailed electrical design of the AV system into a vehicle platform.
- Experience independently reviewing and authoring detailed design specifications
- Familiarity with automotive design, qualification, validation, and reliability requirements.
- Comfortable working with hybrid and Electric Vehicle architectures a plus
- Proficient in all stages of hardware design, including detailed schematic review, PCB design, layout review, and layer stack management
- Familiarity with automotive design, qualification, validation, and reliability requirements is desired.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot, test, and fix electrical and system issues in prototype vehicles and test fixtures.
- Support product design reviews
- Review internal and external requirements and specification documentation
- Perform worst case analysis and simulation to ensure compliance to system requirements
- Generate system diagrams, electrical schematics, wiring harness diagrams, and assist with assembly and build documentation.
- Create detailed component and system qualification and validation test plans and perform / oversee testing
- Support EMC certification testing
- Develop and maintain electrical DFMEA
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques for test failure resolution
- Ability to provide hands-on debugging as needed during testing and evaluation
- Familiar with wire harness design process and software tools
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and assembly drawings
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and multimeters
- Possess a strong work ethic to support the production team efforts and timing
- Ability to multitask across various project activities and work with a global team
- Experience with other vehicle communication networks (CAN, CAN-FD, Automotive Ethernet, LIN)
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A detail-oriented problem-solver, able to employ critical thinking and time management skills and can work effectively both independently and in teams. Work with people of diverse backgrounds and develop creative and innovative ways to improve processes.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.