The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a member of and supporting our Machine Learning for Motion Planning software development and research team. This team introduces and advances new Machine Learning techniques for our Motion Planner, the software behind how our autonomous vehicles decide to drive. We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps engineer to help with the building and scaling of machine learning infrastructure. No machine learning experience is required.
- Work with Python including Python package management, scripting, and reviewing code
- Create and deploy docker images dedicated for machine learning training
- Develop tools for deployment and monitoring of highly available, mission critical services
- Troubleshoot critical build and development issues
- Build and support cloud infrastructure including Kubernetes
- Establish and maintain a continuous integration infrastructure
- Manage/Upgrade the applications as necessary.
- Work closely with robotics research and software engineers specialized in Machine Learning, Data, Motion Planning and Controls to identify places where data-driven deep learning approach is beneficial.
Experience to bring:
- Python, Bash scripting
- Cloud (AWS)
- Linux, version control, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
We'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- Experience managing AWS and in-house server infrastructure using IaC
- Large-scale compute and build infrastructure.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
Machine Learning at Motional:
We have produced groundbreaking advancements in the autonomous vehicle industry including
- nuScenes: large scale public data set for autonomous driving (https://www.nuscenes.org)
- PointPillars: Fast Encoders for Object Detection from Point Clouds (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784)
- PointPainting: PointPainting: Sequential Fusion for 3D Object Detection (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150)
- nuPlan: A closed-loop ML-based planning benchmark for autonomous vehicles (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2106.11810.pdf)
- nuPlan (continued): (https://motional.com/news/nuplan)
- Predicting the future in real time for safer autonomous driving (https://motional.com/news/technically-speaking-predicting-the-future)
- Continuous Learning Framework (https://motional.com/news/technically-speaking-learning-with-every-mile-driven)
- Mining for scenarios to help better train our AVs (https://motional.com/news/technically-speaking-scenario-mining)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.