About this position:
Motional is seeking a Corporate Development professional who will be responsible for all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, investments and select strategic partnerships.This professional will be a key business partner to business leaders and will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Motional. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker who can make convincing, data-based arguments, enjoys diving deep into complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This position is based in Boston, MA.
Strategy and Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values analytical, collaborative individuals that also think creatively and proactively seek out opportunities to advance Motional’s commercial and technical goals. The selected candidate will act as a primary contact in supporting Motional business units and senior leadership through industry research, strategy development, due diligence, valuation analyses, deal structuring, term sheet and contract negotiations, and internal and external relationship building.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you’ll do:
- Identify appropriate opportunities that support Motional's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with business leaders to drive strategic thinking and assess strategic opportunities
- Manage databases and help refine analytical frameworks, models, tools, etc. to support Motional’s strategic planning and corporate development efforts, including:
- Conducting industry value chain, competitive and strategic analyses
- Preparing capital market and M&A market and transaction analyses
- Conducting high level and detailed analyses of targets
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Project manage and work with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, legal, finance, tax, accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from sourcing to diligence integration
- Work with external 3rd parties at all levels of management to develop, negotiate, and close deals
- Support special projects as assigned in connection with the Corporate Development team’s goals and strategy
- Support and augment processes and strategy that enable Motional to build a leading corporate development competency
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for future mobility, autonomy, and Motional’s robotaxi pursuits
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or MBA is required
- Strong teamwork and project management skills / experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
- Excellent attitude and capacity for learning quickly in a very dynamic, intensive environment
- Very strong analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization
- Top tier MBA strongly preferred
- 1 year or more of post-MBA work experience in corporate development, corporate strategic planning, consulting or investment banking preferred
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.