The machine learning metrics team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks and autonomous vehicle stack components. The team charter is centered around three core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such a system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals? Third: how do we quickly obtain such system level metrics via large scale simulation?
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices. Specifically, the Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the subprojects for building large scale infrastructure for collecting metrics via simulation.
- Lead set up of AWS infrastructure to analyze the data from data on scale
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of cloud development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming languages: Python, Java, or Go.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale cloud application.
- Experience with large-scale distributed NoSQL and relational database systems.
- Belief that you can achieve more on a team — the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive the project from conception to production.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.