As a Senior Camera Engineer, you will work on core imaging technologies that enable turnkey, fully autonomous systems. We are looking for an exceptional camera sensor engineer to help us set the foundation and direction for the future of our imaging technology. Do you get excited about camera sensor architecture, system design, and implementation? Are you interested in working on one of the most impactful technologies of the 21st century? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What You'll Do
- Design electronics related to autonomous vehicle camera sensors, with a focus on CMOS image sensors, high-speed serial interfaces, low-noise power supplies
- Collaborate closely with suppliers on camera electrical hardware design and implementation
- Own the image sensor technology roadmap and vendor selection
- Develop image sensor requirements and work closely with vendors on qualification of new sensors
- Support the camera image sensor bring up activities
- Work directly with the software teams on image signal processor requirements, tuning, sensor configurations, and image quality testing
- Support hardware prototype builds on benchtop and in-vehicle integration
- Troubleshoot issues in the hardware prototype in vehicle
- Assist with camera system testing
- Support product design reviews
- Perform worst case analysis and simulation to ensure compliance to customer requirements
- Create a product verification plan and perform testing
- Support EMC and validation testing
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques for test failure resolution
- Develop and maintain electrical DFMEA
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Physics is required
- 5+ years hands on experience with electronic system design, electrical engineering, CMOS image sensor integration, bring up, tuning, implementation and testing is required
- Ability to multitask across various project activities and work with a global program team
- Extensive experience with digital CMOS image sensors is required
- Lab equipment experience with common lab equipment, including power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters is required
- Experience with other vehicle communication networks (CAN, Ethernet, LIN, Serial) is desired
- Possess a strong work ethic to support the Production team design efforts and timing
- Experience with Altium Designer is desired
- Experience with high-speed serial interfaces is desired
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.