We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop the C++ software of our onboard lidar perception pipeline. The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting an optimized software to fuse pointclouds coming from multiple lidars, preprocess the merged pointcloud going into our deep lidar CNNs like PointPillars, PointPainting, PolarStream and post-processing the outputs. Lidar perception is a safety critical system, and your work will be essential to ensuring that the software is well-designed, robust, efficient and correct. Your work will be at the heart of the entire AV system.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate to design, implement, optimize and test the onboard software pipeline for lidar perception
- Conduct code reviews and guide junior team members on code quality, correctness and efficiency
- Provide technical leadership across the organization in the areas of code quality and design
- Collaborate with the team of algorithm experts within perception, prediction and tracking
Required Skills and Background:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of production focused C++ software development experience
- Strong background in modern C++ (i.e. C++11 and beyond)
- Experience in designing data pipelines
- Ability to communicate across multiple teams, researchers and engineers
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Experience with point cloud processing algorithms and Geometric Computer Vision
- Strong background in linear algebra
- Solid background in parallelism, concurrency
- CUDA programming
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.