About this position
We are looking for Senior C++ Algorithms Engineer who are enthusiastic about building core software and infrastructure for mapping. You will focus on developing optimized solutions to our semantic map services. Our services include point cloud labeling, automated map annotations, and map change detection.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with point cloud, image, and other sensor data to aid in semantic map building.
- Design and implement optimized algorithms to build semantic maps from ground-up all the way to production.
- Understand how the maps are consumed and design metrics and tools to evaluate and validate our automated annotations
- Work with internal teams that focus on HD mapping applications and Computer Vision/Machine Learning models (e.g. SLAM, segmentation networks, object detection networks) to improve our semantic maps.
- Design and implement algorithms to detect map changes across different map versions using both raw sensor data and map data.
What We're Looking For
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related fields
- Proven impact and expertise in the robotics / autonomous vehicle / mapping field.
- 3+ years of research experience in robotics / mapping which cover topics in SLAM, geometric computer vision, point cloud processing and/or scene reconstruction
- 3+ years of C++ software development which presents strong knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation and deployment
- Experience with working with Machine Learning models is desired. More specifically, integrating machine learning modules, whether by TensorRT or TorchJIT, into production
- Experience in working with large and scalable systems is desired
- Experience in cloud technologies and building/maintaining a cloud service and databases is desired
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.