The recently formed Autonomy Metrics team is a group of software engineers who accelerate the progress of Motional’s autonomous vehicles by developing high-quality, data-driven key performance indicators organization-wide. Specifically, the AV system and subsystem metrics are used to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks, our dashboards are used to guide strategic decisions across all levels including senior leadership, and our infrastructure provides always-available critical tools for all engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the backend for core products developed by the team
- Build up processing and data aggregation methods.
- Interact with DynamoDB and SQL databases.
- Create, document, and test API endpoints.
- Work with frontend developers to provide an optimal user experience for web applications.
- Work with engineers creating metrics to integrate new data types and continually improving our components.
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced programming experience, ideally in Python
- Strong backend development experience
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale cloud applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive projects from conception to production
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
Bonus points (but not required):
- Experience with flask servers
- Experience with Swagger documentation
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience developing in and deploying to AWS
Why you should join us:
The team charter is centered around three core concepts:
- How should we score our autonomous vehicle system and subsystems as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical, and ride comfort related constraints?
- How do we quickly and efficiently obtain system level metrics via large scale simulation?
- How can we extract value from the large volume of high-quality data we collect?
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $172,020/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.