As part of the Infrastructure Runtime team you will work on helping to design and develop the next generation of on-vehicle logging infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to have an impact on both onboard software as well as offboard workflows that rely on this critical data to better help the self-driving system learn to drive itself.
The ideal candidate If you are interested in tackling the challenges of developing mission critical, high performance, software running on a constrained compute platform while also optimizing data retrieval from both local and cloud storage solutions.
Motional is looking for a self-motivated software engineering leader to lead our on-vehicle runtime framework team. You will be at the forefront for practical coordination between the many autonomy and infrastructure on-vehicle software components of our highly complex driverless vehicle system in order to ensure our success. You will use your knowledge of high performance infrastructure software, compute hardware capabilities, and systems engineering to accelerate the organization toward our goal of a fully driverless robotaxi.
What you'll be doing:
In this role:
- You will lead the team of software engineers bringing Motional’s next generation on-board task runtime infrastructure to life
- You will work closely with your colleagues across the software engineering organization to help them utilize the new runtime infrastructure
- You will set the vision and mission of the team, manage the team’s planning and execution of work, and ensure organizational goals are being met
- Your experience in personnel leadership will help the group stay engaged, evolve, and adapt to meet new challenges across the organization
What we're looking for:
- You are excited about empowering and growing the capabilities of your engineering team
- You have experience supervising a high-performing group of software engineers
- You are passionate about developing robust and performant infrastructure software
- You are capable of balancing and prioritizing the multiple competing needs of a framework including performance, ease of use, and observability
- You enjoy the challenge of working with internal customers and stakeholders to build the infrastructure that all of their software is built upon
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience developing and rolling out large-scale infrastructure frameworks
- Experience with on-vehicle software performance analysis and tuning
- Experience briefing executive leadership on development and integration progress
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.