The main focus of Motional Quality Engineer will be on incoming part inspection, manufacturing process quality control, and traceability. The Quality Engineer will recommend revision of specifications, standards, and procedures. Interface with Motional suppliers and communicate effectively with Motional cross-functional stakeholders on quality-related issues.
Things you’ll get to work on
- Review Design Records, assist with establishing the necessary inspection controls to ensure compliance and setting performance metrics.
- Validates SPC limits and controls for critical/interface characteristics.
- Point of contact between Corporate Quality, Supplier Quality, Design, and Manufacturing for purchased hardware components such as Radar, Camera, Lidar etc.
- Conduct Material Review Board meetings in order to determine the disposition of on-hand units in quarantine.
- Track all quality issues, initiate corrective action, and communicate status to all stakeholders
- Maintain incoming part inspection tracking workbook, develop nonconforming material reports along with material hold/quarantine instructions..
- Analyze reports to identify trends and recommend updates/changes to supplier quality standards and procedures when necessary
- Support cross-functional teams’ quality improvement activities focusing on process improvements, scrap reduction, and supplier quality improvement.
- Participate in planning, staging, organizing pre-production runs.
- Provide key input in the preparation/maintenance of supplier workmanship standards, inspection criteria.
- Support supplier PPAP approval though onsite process audits when necessary.
- Support Supplier Selection process through onsite QMS audits when necessary.
Things we require from you
- 5-7 years’ experience in quality, engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, tooling, equipment and facilities.
- Quality Systems Planning (APQP), including PPAP.
- Statistical Problem Solving (Red X, DFSS, DMAIC).
- Experience working with Global Tier 1 suppliers and/or nontraditional automotive suppliers
- Manufacturing Quality system experience in IATF, ISO/TS 16949 and customer systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of probability, statistical quality control and design of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others.
- Intermediate/advanced oral, written and presentation skills in English
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.