The Principal Software Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist for Autonomous Vehicle (AV) will be responsible for the improvement of software testing coverage and techniques in support of end-to-end V&V coverage across the driverless robotaxi product lifecycle. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems, safety, and development teams as a member of the validation organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Implement innovative software testing and qualification
techniques in an agile, dynamic environment of rapid
development and iteration in support of the end-to-end V&V of
- Lead development of robust V&V analysis methodology for AV
projects with a focus on test and verification strategies at
- Work with leaders across organizations to identify, report, and
assist in the resolution of gaps in software V&V of the product
including requirements and design artifacts, implemented
software, and formal testing procedures.
- Perform detailed analysis of software test procedures and
methodologies across the project lifecycle, determining if
existing coverage meets expectations, and recommending
solutions when gaps are discovered.
- Analysis results will be reported via formal issue tickets and/or
technical reports, utilizing strong technical writing and
- Work within the Validation organization to identify software QA
best practices, coverage gaps, and ways to improve interfaces
with external teams and orgs.
- Work independently on large, long-term tasks with limited
direction. The specialist will interface with their leadership
periodically, but is largely responsible for their own scope with
a high level of autonomy.
- Team leadership management and development skills are
desired. Work performed in this role may lead to expansion of
software QA tasks requiring the hiring, training, and direction
of a skilled team to assist the specialist in covering project
What is required:
- Education: BS in Computer Science
- Minimum 8 years of Software QA and testing work experience
on complex systems required
- Experience with formal software V&V analysis
- Experience with creation, analysis, and/or use of requirements
and design documentation
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and
prioritize multiple diverse tasks
- Comfortable organizing and leading tasks involving unit
testing, s/w integration testing, and full stack (simulation)
testing across multiple teams of engineers
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good leadership, communication, and technical writing skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English required (oral and written)
- Education: MS in Computer Science
- Experience in autonomous or complex, safety critical
- Experience in agile software development for complex
- Experience leading teams and/or organizing tasks in the
software testing domain
- Experience developing innovative solutions for complex
problems in the software test domain
- Experience providing robust software quality assurance in
dynamic, fast paced projects with evolving requirements
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.