Real Time Infrastructure is building a platform to make the Autonomous Vehicle into a RoboTaxi. The platform we build helps to integrate the AV with ride hailing partners like Lyft and Uber. We also build the user experience for the RoboTaxi. We are seeking a talented Solution Specialist to help integrate, test and support the RTI software stack and tools with all the stakeholders (Product, Developers, Test Engineering, Support, Triage Engineering).
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Familiarize with the existing platform architecture, features and new features being built.
- Build applications and tools to help triage the logs and build various SLA metrics.
- Act as L3 support specialist for any problems occurring inMotional is not planning to store the session details as well. the field.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of features/solutions and FAQ’s.
- Identify any gaps in solution and help to bridge the gap by working with the team.
What we're looking for:
- Cool head, positive attitude, and a passion for bringing ground-breaking tech to life!
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment across timezones.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate the problem and solutions to technical and non technical stakeholders.
- Code in any one of the modern programming or scripting languages (Python/Go/C++/Shell/Perl/C#/Java)
- 2+ years of professional work experience as software engineer or 4+ solution engineer.
- 1+ year of experience with AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details and strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience providing high-level technical support and troubleshooting for a complex system under development
- Experience with Docker, SQL, Terraform.
- Experience with IoT infrastructure.
- Experience with the AV industry.
- Experience with some testing and triaging.
What you will be solution engineering and supporting
- AV to Cloud core API’s for booking, body control, body status, vehicle health, alerts, Audio, Video etc.
- Notification service for notifying various alerts/health from the vehicle and other cloud services on web, sms, email based on subscription
- Services to enable audio and video communication between Vehicle and Remote operators
- Vehicle route planning considering AV constraints and traffic information, calculate ETA etc.
- API’s to register, group, schedule (statically and dynamically) fleet of vehicles.
- Integrate the core API’s with partners like Lyft, Uber, Via
- Sophisticated and advanced user experience for the Robotaxi
- Suggest and make improvements to the system to scale better and reduce the cost
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.