Motional is looking for a highly experienced, proven expert to become the Motion Planning Technical Fellow, driving strategic motion planning initiatives to advance the autonomy team and engineering organization as a whole, to propel Motional's unique vision within the autonomous vehicle industry to the next level.
The Motion Planning Fellow will report directly to our VP of Autonomy, Sammy Omari.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive next-generation technology initiatives, shape software vision for the Autonomy team at Motional and take a leading role in organizational changes required to achieve the vision.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Strategic mentorship and advisement to motion planning engineers and research scientists on cutting edge algorithms, from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Provide strategic insight to design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
- Shape a vision for game changing improvements to accelerate development, build/test pipelines and implementation of autonomy solutions.
- Drive technology innovation and development initiatives and execute outcomes that will help guide new technology investments and implementation decisions.
- Contribute to the evolution of Motional’s Motion Planning strategy.
- Help identify technical debt and drive continual improvement by partnering with stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
What we're looking for:
- Proven expert in Autonomous Vehicle Research and Development solutions, specifically geared towards autonomy and motion planning.
- Deep technical understanding of autonomous vehicle technology.
- Track record of delivering technology and architecture deliverables implemented in large-scale deployments.
- A Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. A Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant technology and architecture leadership experience within the autonomous vehicle space.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.