The ideal candidate will be able to simultaneously act as the face of IT, and provide world-class customer service to our end users and executives. The IT Engineer will support and configure the workstations for Motional’s end users, as well as assist with automation of various tasks. This role is also responsible for managing and enhancing Motional’s end-user experience by aiding in the continuous improvement of our end user support process, our endpoint imaging practices, and maintaining departmental hardware across multiple sites.
What You Will Do
- Build rapport with other teams by providing a great customer service experience
- Understand and master hardware configuration and imaging processes
- Learn, document, and improve processes within IT
- Collaborate and partner with multiple teams to facilitate successful completion of projects
- Assist with departmental and team goals aligning to company OKRs
- Serve as the face of IT and provide world-class customer service to our users
- Manage and enhance all aspects of the end-user experience, locally and remote
- Properly document, and process incident requests to meet SLA requirements
- Proactively monitor AV and conferencing equipment to ensure availability
- Utilize collaboration tools like Zoom, Slack, e-mail, etc… to connect with remote colleagues
- Image workstations and laptops using Motional IT standardized practices
- Ability to troubleshoot everything from networking issues to workstation issues
- Creatively problem-solve issues as they arise
- Create and maintain support documentation for internal and external consumption
- Manage IT inventory through IT's asset management tools
- Partner with multiple teams, including those external to IT to achieve mission success
- Escalate security, hardware, software and other concerns to appropriate stakeholders
- Experience working with: Linux, MacOS, & Windows
- Use broad familiarity of IT Security best practices to secure company IP
- Maintain departmental goals of 99.99% uptime for all services through IT
- Experience with automation and distribution tools to simplify consistent deployments
- Scripting / coding background (Python, Ansible, Java, etc…)
- MDM administration experience
- Cellular and mobile device familiarity
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- A team player with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- A thirst for knowledge and desire to learn to new information systems and technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide array of issues
- A self-starter who is highly-motivated to get things done
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong knowledge of IT security practices and their application
- 2+ yrs experience with desktop systems (Windows, Mac, & Linux)
In Return You Can Expect:
We are a growing IT department and encourage skill set growth among our team. Motional is moving on cutting edge technology and it’s an exciting space to work in. We are also an organization that fosters a culture that has a focus on DEI.
Motional IT Engineers have exposure to a variety of leading edge technology on-premise and in the cloud to deliver capabilities to develop autonomous vehicles and related segments. Individuals in this role can expect to have exposure and opportunities to work on large scale storage clusters (PB), high speed networks (100Gbps), high performance compute services in the cloud, and a variety of other industry leading solutions.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.