Within the component engineering organization you will be at the forefront of developing key sensors for our autonomous vehicle stack. The camera activities are critical for the success of the company and in this role you will have the ownership and exposure to deliver this critical product along with the image signal processing pipeline.
Do you get excited about camera sensor architecture, system design, and implementation? Are you interested in working on one of the most impactful technologies of the 21st century? If the answers are yes, we’re looking for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform ISP characterization and tuning the image sensor and ISP parameters to meet image quality requirements using a wide variety of tools and processes.
- Communicate across teams with camera, firmware, and machine learning groups.
- Work closely with ISP vendors to address problems with firmware on an ongoing basis.
- Triage and debug image quality related problems during development cycles.
- Developing ISP for multiple cameras variants and image sensors aligned with Motional’s technology roadmap
What we're looking for:
- M.S. degree in technically relevant field: (e.g., Imaging science, E.E. (related to CMOS), imaging science, optics, remote sensing, etc.). Industrial experience a desireable.
- Experienced in performing objective image quality evaluation.
- Experienced in evaluation of cameras, optical/sensing, image processing techniques, and contents of ISP blocks. Possesses a good understanding of how CMOS sensors and ISPs operate.
- Experienced in creating, implementing, and debugging image quality test infrastructure (hardware, charts, software, automation) and evaluation platforms (DXO, Imatest, IQ Analyzer, etc.) in a lab and out-of-doors in an automotive environment.
- Knowledgeable in spectroradiometry, colorimetry, and photometry measurement techniques and theory.
- Good understanding of technical aspects of digital photography and videography.
- Excellent written, verbal, and documentation communication skills. Very self-motivated.
- Experience with evaluating new ISP vendors and sensor vendors
- Experienced in testing automation and experienced with scripting languages, e.g., Python, MATLAB.
- Good optical background a plus.
- Experience in Automotive SPICE
- Experience with Functional Safety ISO26262
- Familiar with serial communication protocols: SPI, CAN, Flexray, Ethernet, LVDS
- Ability to work across time zones
- Strong passion to work with automotive vehicles
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above – that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.