Our Component Engineering Test and Reliability Team is searching for a Test Engineer to be responsible for the testing of the components being used as a part of Motional's Autonomous Driving programs.
You will be responsible for building and implementing test benches, performing and documenting tests, and coordinating test results with component engineers.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform acceptance and performance testing for AV components, component integration tests, and HIL test etc.
- Design, build, and maintain test benches and flash software
- Develop tools and processes to repeatedly automate testing
- Cross functional collaboration with internal and external team to drive requirement compliance
- Perform testing activities on AV components in both labs setting and on-road vehicle environment
- Documenting, Reviewing, and reporting of test setup, test plans, and test results
- Preparing samples, test setups etc. and develop firmware /scripts/application run on the components and managing many priorities at the same time
- Perform in depth debugging of components
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering/Mechatronics / Robotics
- 1-3 years of testing experience
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with electrical testing for ECU, High Computing Devices, Sensors, etc.
- Hands on experience with power supplies, oscilloscope’s function generators and multimeters etc.
- Experience with Test automation, and hands on testing in a lab environment
- Root-cause analysis experience, particularly with automotive ECUs and sensors
- Familiarity with ISO 16750, USCAR, IEC specification
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience with component testing
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion, and Confluence.
- Experience with CANoe/CANape
Why You Should Join Us
- This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to join a very dynamic team of people focused on creating and executing tests for our autonomous vehicle system. As an engineer you will work very closely with the development teams, as well as have hands-on experience with the components in the autonomous vehicle.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.