The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Camera Systems Engineering Intern
A Radar Systems engineering intern will work together with hardware and software engineers to design and develop C++ software as part of our onboard radar perception pipeline. The ideal candidate will assist with prototyping software to fuse pointclouds coming from multiple radars and preprocess the merged pointcloud going into our deep radar CNNs. Radar perception is a safety critical system, and your work will be essential to ensuring that the software is well-designed, robust, efficient and correct. Your work will be at the heart of the entire AV system.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate to design, implement, optimize and test part of the onboard software pipeline for radar perception
- Cooperate with an interdisciplinary team of ML/algorithm, sensor, and software experts within perception and platform infrastructure
- Participate in code reviews on code quality, correctness and efficiency
- Prepare real data or synthesize data with different radar fusion models
- Verify and validate models using test data
- Assist in deriving requirements and metrics for our in-house ML-based perception algorithms
- Communicate the results of these studies clearly to engineering teams
What we're looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who is driven, is a builder, has a get-things-done mentality, and can work effectively in a team setting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
- Fluent in C++ and comfortable with Python
- Ability to communicate across multiple teams, researchers, and engineers
- Background/understanding of fundamental radar principles.
- Experience generating requirements for autonomous systems in complex environments
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.