Motional is seeking a Director of Integration for our Hardware Engineering team. Qualified candidates must possess 10+ years of experience, including leadership experience. The Director of Integration is responsible for the technical delivery of large, multi-disciplinary projects. The Director of Integration leads a team of project members to satisfy customer requirements and serves as the hardware technical authority on projects. This role requires travel to our office locations once a month.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the design, development and cross functional systems integration of autonomous vehicle and related programs
- Drive alignment across cross-functional teams in hardware engineering, product management, systems, software, program management and operations to meet program objectives and ensure user experience, product cost, manufacturability, quality and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Provide thought leadership and provide executive leadership a clearly articulating roadmap and value proposition.
- Set priorities within the department and align those priorities with the company’s broader vision/mission.
- Ensure standardization of processes across multiple projects.
- Grow the Integration team and develop budget proposals for staffing and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Hardware Integration department within cost requirements.
What We're Looking For
- 10 years’ experience in Design or Development activities
- Software development in C/C++ , OpenCV , Image processing library & QNX
- 3+ years experience with active safety systems such as AEB, LKA, LCA, ACC, and full Highway Pilot Vehicle controls
- Knowledge of Vehicle sensing systems and sensor fusion algorithms including radar, lidar, camera, and ultrasonic sensing
- At least 5 years’ experience leading projects of significant value and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams of greater than 10 persons
- Collaboration and relationship-building experience, working with all levels of management and individual contributors internally and externally.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Project management experience, including ability to manage short-term priorities without losing sight of long-term goals.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and software design & development
- Experience working with algorithm development & design teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.